I ❤️ Mt. Fuji Transit - Tokyo 2023 - 10-20-2023

Discovering the Enchanting Beauty of Mt. Fuji: A Journey of Surprises
 
Have you ever judged or held biases about a place without actually experiencing it? That's exactly what happened to me when we decided to add Mt. Fuji to our itinerary. I had my doubts, thinking it was just another mountain. But boy, was I wrong! My experience at Mt. Fuji was nothing short of extraordinary, and a single day was not enough to fully appreciate its beauty and the plethora of activities it offers.
 
We woke up bright and early at 5 am, knowing that the travel time to Mt. Fuji would take around 3 hours. From Nippori Station, we hopped on a train to the bus jump-off point at Shinjuku Station. Patty, our navigator and volunteer tour guide, was a blessing as she led us through the labyrinthine streets of Shinjuku. Finally, we found ourselves at the bus terminal, Fujikyuko Bus, where we decided to grab some takeout breakfast from 7-Eleven. It was a pleasant surprise that we were allowed to eat inside the bus.
 
Our bus schedule was at 7 am, so we patiently waited for our turn. When the moment arrived, the bus ride itself was a sight to behold. The bus was first-class and spacious, offering a comfortable journey. 
As we left the city behind, the landscape gradually transformed from a concrete jungle to lush greenery. I couldn't help but pray for good weather, knowing that Mt. Fuji would be hidden by clouds if it rained. Thankfully, luck was on our side, and we were destined to witness the majestic beauty of Mt. Fuji.
 
While enjoying our takeout breakfast, I caught a glimpse of the little Mt. Fuji in the distance from my seat. A sense of wonder washed over me, and words cannot adequately describe the magical sight before my eyes. Seeing Mt. Fuji with my own eyes was a dream come true. I had previously only seen it in magazines, blog posts, or travel shows. I closed my eyes for a moment and silently thanked the Lord for this incredible blessing.
 
As minutes passed, the view of Mt. Fuji grew larger and more prominent as we approached the site. The details of the snow-capped peak captivated my heart. I couldn't resist capturing the beauty of this mountain through photographs. 
Lost in the moment, I didn't even realize that we had reached our bus stop. Hurriedly, I gathered my belongings and stepped off the bus. The cool breeze brushed against my face as the bus slowly disappeared into the distance.
 
Kawaguchiko Station, our humble and quaint terminal, greeted us. We were the only passengers at that time, and we descended the stairs to the other side. Along the way, I was captivated by a Japanese phone booth and couldn't resist taking some pictures. Continuing our walk, I was amazed to find the majestic Mt. Fuji standing tall on the other side of the road. Words cannot do justice to the breathtaking beauty of this mountain.
 I noticed that Mt. Fuji was not a lonely mountain, as it was connected to other peaks. However, it stood as the tallest among them all. Surrounding its base were numerous houses, which initially struck me as unnatural. But then it dawned on me – who wouldn't want to live next to this awe-inspiring work of nature? I certainly would.
 
My journey to Mt. Fuji taught me a valuable lesson about not judging a place before experiencing it firsthand. The beauty and grandeur of this mountain surpassed all my expectations. It was a reminder to embrace the unknown and approach new destinations with an open mind. Mt. Fuji will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I am grateful for the opportunity to witness its enchanting beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ♥ Puting Buhangin Pagbilao - Quezon (2012) - 09/29/2012

I ♥ PMA BAguio City 12/12/2010

I ♥ Batis Aramin Lucban Quezon 03/13/2011