I ♥ PMA BAguio City 12/12/2010

Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Baguio
Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Baguio was the first tourist spot I visited in this humble city. I went there last 2008 with my college friends and I really enjoyed our short stay there. There is no restriction in visiting the area. However, due to its gaining popularity they implemented policies that may annoy some first time travelers. 

All visitors entering PMA must have individual valid IDs. A person without a valid ID can't enter PMA. If you're in a group and you don't have ID, you will be instructed to get off the jeepney at the gate and wait for your companions with IDs while they're enjoying the tour. Also, wearing slippers is a big no-no when you wanted to enter its premises. Even though you are wearing your expensive flip-flops the security personnel won't show any mercy and you may be force to await your companion at the gate. They promote wearing shoes because people who wanted to visit the area should look at least presentable.


I don't have any complain with their no-slippers policy but I guess asking their visitors to get off from their private cars or vehicle is a bit much. Anyways, we just have to follow and respect their protocol because they are just doing their job.

The Philippine Military Academy in Fort Gregorio Del Pilar, Loakan Road, Baguio City prepares the best Filipino men and women for military services.


The location was a little bit far from downtown. You can take a jeepney besides the Burnham Park to get there. But in our case, we rented a van going there so its not difficult for to commute and transfer from one vehicle to another.

When it comes to fun activities or adventure, there's not much to do here beside site seeing, visiting museums, and touring the area. PMA Museum can be visited with an entrance fee of P10.00 and opens at 8:00 am - 12:00 noon resumes at 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.

What I love the most with PMA Baguio is its peaceful and serene atmosphere. I really had a great time contemplating and appreciating the stillness of nature. I never thought I will experience pure silence in my mind, body and soul. I may not visit the place every time I go to Baguio but it's worth the visit once in a while.


How to get to Philippine Military Academy

In the same terminal of Bakakeng Jeepney Station is the station of jeepneys with "Baguio Plaza-KIAS-PMA-Springhills-Apugan" sign. This is the only jeepney at this terminal going directly inside PMA. From loading area of "Baguio Plaza-Scout Barrio" jeepneys, walk further up ahead until you see the sign board that read: "LOADING AREA: PMA-KIAS-SITEL-EPZA". Ride the jeep being filled up with passengers by a dispatcher.

-->

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ♥ Puting Buhangin Pagbilao - Quezon (2012) - 09/29/2012

I ♥ Batis Aramin Lucban Quezon 03/13/2011