I ❤️ Siquijor 2024 - Day 1 - 09/11/2024

Siquijor 2024: Day 1 - From Manila Mayhem to Island Bliss 🌴☀️
 
Okay, so let's rewind to Day 1 in Siquijor. It was a long, chaotic, but ultimately rewarding journey! I'm talking about a 4am wake-up call, a crazy commute, and a whole lotta caffeine. But trust me, it was all worth it for the island paradise that awaited.
 My adventure started in Imus, where I was up at the crack of dawn, ready to conquer the world (or at least, conquer the journey to Siquijor). First up, a 50 peso jeepney ride to PITX, the new bus terminal in Manila. I was already feeling the travel vibes, surrounded by people heading to different destinations.
 
After a quick breakfast at Jollibee (because who can resist those Chickenjoy!), I hopped on a Angkas Ride to NAIA for 90 pesos. I had a couple of hours to spare, so I just relaxed and soaked in the pre-travel jitters.
 
Finally, it was time to board my flight! I was so excited to finally be on my way to Siquijor. The flight was a little bumpy, but I was too busy daydreaming about the island to really care.
 
When I landed in Dumaguete, We grabbed a tricycle for 30 pesos each to get to the port. Then, it was time for the ocean jet to Siquijor! The ride cost 280 pesos, and it was a beautiful journey. I was so mesmerized by the turquoise waters and the lush green landscape.
 
By 11:45am, I had arrived in Siquijor port. My hotel, the Rainbow Bay, was just a short tricycle ride away. I checked in, and immediately headed for lunch. The hotel had a cute little restaurant, and I devoured a delicious meal while planning out the rest of my day.
 
After lunch, I took a much-needed nap. I had been up since 4am, after all! I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to explore.
 
I hopped on a tricycle (for 300 pesos, because it was a special trip and I was a little lost) and headed to San Juan, the main tourist area. I wandered around, taking in the sights and sounds of the island. I even stopped at a bar for a delicious iced Spanish latte (150 pesos) and watched the sunset over the ocean. It was absolutely breathtaking.
 
For dinner, I went to a local inasal restaurant (180 pesos). The chicken was so juicy and flavorful. I was in heaven! After dinner, I did a quick grocery run (340 pesos) to stock up on snacks and water.
 
By 8:30pm, I was exhausted but happy. I hopped on another tricycle (500 pesos) and headed back to the hotel. I took a hot shower and crashed into bed.
 
Day 1 in Siquijor was a whirlwind, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. This island was already stealing my heart, and I couldn't wait to see what adventures awaited me in the days to come!
 
#Siquijor #Philippines #Travel #IslandLife #Day1 #Adventure #RainbowBay #Sunset #Inasal #SpanishLatte #GroceryRun #Tricycle #OceanJet #Dumaguete #Manila #TravelBlog #2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ♥ Puting Buhangin Pagbilao - Quezon (2012) - 09/29/2012

I ♥ PMA BAguio City 12/12/2010

I ♥ Batis Aramin Lucban Quezon 03/13/2011