I ♥ Enchanted Kingdom - Sta. Rosa Laguna 10.18.08

 

When I was still in Tayabas, Quezon a friend (Michael) told his story about his experience going to Enchanted Kingdom (EK). I was so fascinated because he also brought the EK map with him and comically told his adventures on the rides. I was so envious that time because we were not that rich and I know that going to an amusement park is not my family's priority. Ever since then I promise to myself that I will also experience EK and I will treasure every moment of it.
 
Ten years have passed and my family already moved in Metro Manila to find better opportunity. I was lucky enough that I found a job in a call center (Telekyeme) in Ortigas and was earning decent money. A friend (Patty) from college wanted to have a get together and asked us if we wanted to go to EK. I said yes and never think twice because my dream of coming to EK will finally be able to come true.
 
One of my fears was getting lost and not knowing what to do. I am not an adventurous person then and asking for directions is not my thing. This is the reason why I became a late bloomer when it comes to travelling to different places. Going back to EK, Patty set it up on Saturday morning after our shift and we headed straight there via van service.
 
I never thought that all the information that you need in going to different places around the world are readily available online. It’s really great to have smart friends because they will influence you in a good way and you’ll learn a lot from them. I always thought that going to EK will cost you a fortune but I was wrong. There is a shuttle van service beside Park Square 1 Makati parking lot that will directly bring you to EK. They already have a package deal where the van transfer from Makati (back and forth) and entrance fee were already included in their fee. It took us 2 hours to arrive in EK and it’s really early when we got there.
 
I cannot contain my excitement and I was really looking forward to ride everything. I had a great time then and I promise to myself that I will be more adventurous in my future travels. Since then I've been a frequent visitor of EK. I discovered the direction in going to EK by commuting on a public bus and FX. I spent three Christmas here with my family and bond with my co-workers and friends in Poormus. EK will always have a place in my favorite travel destination because there is always a kid inside me that dreams and wishing to experience what this life can offer. I always wanted to make this kid happy and fulfilled and I know that he is thanking me for everything.
 
Enchanted Kingdom is a world-class adventure and themed park. It has seven themed zones and experience exciting events and attractions for every member of the family. The park features spectacular fireworks display during weekends and Philippine Holidays. It is located in Santa Rosa City, Laguna so going there will is as easy as breeze. Whenever travelling to South Luzon Express Way (SLEX) one will see the Ferris wheel, known as the Wheel of Fate, and riding it will surely give you a great panoramic view of the city as well as the towering mystical mountain.
 
The Enchanted Kingdom Day Pass is a ride-all-you can pass that allows you to experience “most” of the rides inside the park. The park will provide an orange-colored wrist-tag to show that you bought the the day pass. I mentioned “most” because not all of the rides can be availed with the Day Pass, there are rides that you need to pay an additional amount just to experience it. 4D Discovery Theatre (+P60), Zorb Water Ball (+P50), ATV Ride (+P50 to +P250), Go-Kart (+100), among a few others are known as “Extra Charge Attraction.
 
Tips:

Food and drinks are NOT allowed in the park but there are many food stalls and restaurants located inside. If you’re on a tight budget you can bring your own food or eat outside (there were a lot of food establishments in Balibago).

 Get there early –The Park opens as early as 10am and closes at 10pm a lot of people fill of the rides especially those on excursion. As soon as the lunch break is over – the lines start to crawl. You need a lot of patience waiting for a long queue. 

Bring extra clothes – if you are even THINKING about getting on the Rio Grande Rapids. The last time I rode it I got drenched from head to toe. So I walked around squishy for the rest of the day.

Bring sunscreen and umbrella – you’ll never know the weather in Sta. Rosa. When I was with my Poormus workmate It rained really hard and we don’t have an umbrella so I was wet going back to Manila and got sick the next day.

If you don’t like waiting on long lines you can go here a day before a legal holiday like Christmas or New Year. My family always goes here during this time and we were able to experience all the rides in just 15 minutes of waiting on the line.
 


How to get there 

Commute


 From Metro Manila, proceed to Buendia corner Taft Avenue. Ride on the bus marked going to BALIBAGO. Just to be sure, tell the driver to drop you at the Walter Mart or EK. Fare is around PHP57.00. 

From the Walter Mart, take a tricycle going directly to the theme park. There are a lot of tricycles waiting in line. Fare is not more than PHP40. Whether you are alone or with companion


 Going back to Manila is also not a difficult task. Take a tricycle ride from the EK gate and tell the driver to bring you to Walter Mart. From Walter Mart, take another tricycle and ell the driver to bring you to the bus terminal bound for Manila.


-->

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ♥ Puting Buhangin Pagbilao - Quezon (2012) - 09/29/2012

I ♥ PMA BAguio City 12/12/2010

I ♥ Batis Aramin Lucban Quezon 03/13/2011