I ♥ Patar Beach Bolinao Pangasinan 03/06/2011


 I've been to a lot of beaches in the Philippines before, but it's gone so touristic that I no longer know where to go for some romantic secluded beach vacation. The seclusion of the beach, the peace and quiet, and the utter simplicity of countryside living that make for a good and restful vacation. The northern Philippines boast this beautiful secluded beach the Patar Beach in Bolinao Pangasinan. 
 
Bolinao is known for a number of pristine beaches, the most popular of which is Patar Beach, situated on the western coast along the South China Sea southwest of the town proper. The road going there is unpaved along the last stretches to Patar Beach, but it is at least graded and the ride is not bumpy at all.
 
I heard that the most popular hotel hear is Treasures Bolinao which has the monopoly of the long white sand in Patar but we stayed in a more cheaper resort hotel which is Villa Soledad. We were 15 persons that need to squeeze in to four king size beds. The hotel has swimming pools, basketball court, and fish pond. 


Their staffs were very friendly and helpful. We borrowed some plates when were out of stock already. We were the only guest that time and we really enjoyed our stay here. I feel so secured and relaxed. The resort is not like your usual 4-star resort but the rooms are clean, comfortable and air-conditioned.  
The beach has creamy golden white sand and the coastline is very rocky. The shore is not very good for swimming because there are a lot of sea urchins and the water is just knee high.



The water there doesn't get too deep until you walk at least 500 meters from the shore. I am an experience swimmer so I love swimming in deep water. But the waves in the deeper water are 5 meters high. Although I’m a bit afraid I still insisted in battling with the waves.

I was enjoying it for a while but I almost drown when I was hit by two big waves. I hurriedly went back to the shore and promise myself not to try it again. I really didn’t enjoy swimming in the beach. 

What I enjoyed the most are the rock formations in the middle of the sea. Even though it’s almost a kilometer away from the shore I still went there. One of the rock formations was the photo shoot location of Dyesebel a local T.V show in Manila. It was very relaxing when I went up there looking at the sea and the coastline. But because I’m not in a familiar place I went back to the shore and bond with my friends. The beach is notable for its clear water and cool waves -- beautiful against the blue sky and a great place to relax and unwind -- but unlike other white sand beaches, it’s not advisable for barefoot swimming.  
Patar has not yet been exploited and commercialized, or at least has been well-maintained. I see a lot of potential in terms of local tourism but the place needs road improvement if they really wanted to be like Boracay.

 All you can do here is admire the beach, stare at the waves if you are the sentimental type. You have no choice there but to enjoy the company of your friends. We are lucky because we love the company of everyone with our crazy gigs, drinking sessions at the beach and the never-ending camwhoring. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ♥ Puting Buhangin Pagbilao - Quezon (2012) - 09/29/2012

I ♥ PMA BAguio City 12/12/2010

I ♥ Batis Aramin Lucban Quezon 03/13/2011